Thursday, December 13, 2007

YEAH FOR ME!

Alright, why am I excited? Well, I may not have won the contest, but I was still asked to join ScrapStreet. I'm glad to join for alot of reasons, but as I read through there website, I am staying for one. ORGANIZATION!!!!!!! They have rules for Quality with a capital "Q." Wow, other places I've seen, this doesn't seem to matter as much, so I feel like this is a good fit for me right now.

The holidays are really close now, and it's not that I feel overwhelmed by any means, I just feel like I'm not able to enjoy them like I want to. Lately I don't have TIME to be with my family. Maybe it's just up to me to get that back. We need a Family Day. I want to scrapbook, with paper, with my daughter.

She is so grown up now, only 3.5, but god, she's not my baby any more. I finally bought her big girl bed lastnight and we're dismantling the crib tonight and putting together her bed so she can sleep comfortably. It makes me tear up a little, not just because she will now be able to get up at 3am if she feels the urge, although we're putting up the gate in front of her door again simply as a precaution. But, it signals the very end of anything baby. No more high chair, diapers and pull ups have been gone for 6 months, sippy cups are on there way out. Sitting on my lap has been done for about 2 years, and now the finality is a bummer. But, now we'll be able to go into her room and really see a Big Girl! My big girl. No more Goobie, now "I'm Stella!"

2 comments:

Benita said...

Yeah, kids do tend to grow up too fast, don't they? My baby's 17! And my granddaughter is also 3 1/2. Where does time go???

BTW, regarding your questions about me & the Zone.....I'm not currently working or teaching there :( , but I'm still on the DT. I was redoing my blog the other day & one of the things I changed didn't show up when I went to save it, so I had to play around to fix it.

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

I'm SOOOO late with this and forgive me, girlie but CONGRATS on the ScrapStreet spot! You SO deserve it!!! You totally ROCK! :) Can't wait to see what you create! :)