Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Whistle While You Work.

So, they say you can get anywhere with persistence and hard work. I believe that it's true, I feel like I work extremely hard, but when will it start to feel like it's paying off? Maybe I'm not focused enough, maybe it's just not time yet. Whatever it is, I just hope I don't run out of steam before it does.

I realized today that my little girl is no longer my little girl. I've already felt that "push" they make to sort of separate themselves from you. It made me sad. I try to grab hold of her as often and I can, but she always manages to slip away. Today I sat on the edge of the bath tub, picked up her nearly 4 foot frame and sat her on my knees. I held her face in my hands and said "I really love you, you know that?" Her response, "you do?" Then she pushed herself off of me and ran into her room, after that we sorted her laundry and went to the basement. I know that she knows I love and am in love with her, but I never want her to not hear it. I don't think you can say that enough to a child. She's everything I never knew I wanted.
























I've created a new kit for KJOI www.kjoistudios.com that I am extremely proud of and poured my heart into and I hope folks really dig it. No one has purchased it yet, but I'm hoping that with being in the "Designer Spotlight" for our next ezine due out October 5th, free to download at the KJOI website mentioned above, that it really prompts people to buy. I spent a whole lot of time on this one and it's WHO I AM! This is my passion people, please be supportive. If you don't scrapbook, tell your friends that do. If you do paper scrapping, trying something digital, maybe it will inspire you creatively. Also, the advantage to digital scrapbooking is that you possess those materials for the life time of your ability to save the digital images. You can use them millions of times and even print them out to use for hybrid or even 100% paper scrapbooking. Here is the preview I created of my kit, Eclectic Autumn. It fing rocks in my opinion.

2 comments:

CACTUSmango said...

ah...your little girly is such a cutie pie! you're so blessed brooke! with her and with your design skills! I love this new kit of yours and it's totally rockin!
I even put it on my Kaboodle list & noticed there's at least 3 others too, when I last looked. I know what you mean about not wanting to burn out...before there is any reward...i really hope & pray that word will start to spread about your work & that your fan base will grow & grow!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

OMG - your girl is so ADORABLE!!! She's so beautiful!

I LOVE the kit you created! OMG, when the site back is up, I'm totally going to link the kit to my blog because it so ROCKS!!! I could tell you poured your heart and soul into it and you didn't rush through it - that's what makes it so beautiful! I can't wait to work with it!