Friday, April 25, 2008

The Week Of Boo Boos

*EDITED*

So, it may or may not be obvious, but I know have a working keyboard and my sentences will be rife with s p a c e s and 123123123 and """""""""" and --------'s. Alright, aside from the new keyboard that arrived so did a very clumsy lady. It started Wednesday, she sat on the edge of a tv tray in front of the television and as it collapsed, she hit her chin on the edge of the table the tv sits on. She began to cry and then as I placed the band aid on she audibly said "Ahhhhhh." She's pretty tough, always has been, not a big crier out of pain, mostly out of annoyances. When ever she falls down now, before we can say anything at all, she yells "I'M ALRIGHT!" Later that night while outside with daddy, she ran and fell hurting her knees and staining her new tan capris, UGH dad! Again, she was alright. Today upon returning from grandma's house, she lifts her shirt to show me yet another scrape. This one looks to be the worst yet, and she tells me she got it when she "fell on the old pic-a-nic table." Love how she says things sometimes. So, she was tested this week by gravity, and while scathed, no worse for the wear.

On a different note, I am toying with the idea of participating in both the CK Scrapbooker of the Year Contest and the Memory Makers Masters Contest. Just think it would be good to get me scrapping again. And, yes my new venture she be launching in June, I will continue to keep you posted.

*I was just informed that on a bike ride with Daddy tonight while I was gone, Stella biffed on her bike. Fell flat on her chest, even elicited a person peeking out of his door to ask if she was alright. She cried for a moment and then got right back on her bike. That's my girl!

-Peace


3 comments:

Jenn said...

'Tis the season of scrapes and skinned knees! We've got plenty of them at our house lately too.

Megan shouts, "Sorry! I OK!" whenever she falls to let us know she's alright. It's actually pretty funny.

Love the Stella-isms (pic-a-nic table)! Nick says "ella-gator" for elevator. I love their little mispronunciations ;)

Hope you guys have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

She's had a tough week!
Ahhh, summer. The season for bruises & scrapes. My kids are covered with them too.

CACTUSmango said...

ahrrrrray! that's "ouch!" as my people would say in Tagalog. here's a some accient-prone humor that i found for my accident-prone sis-in-law:

A guy’s walking past an asylum, and can hear all the inmates inside screaming at the top of their lungs, “Thirteen! Thirteen! Thirteen!!!”. He peeks through a hole in the fence to see what all the commotion is about, and a finger suddenly pops out and jabs him in the eye. He yells in pain, and the inmates all start gleefully shouting, “Fourteen! Fourteen! Fourteen!!!”.