Sunday, April 27, 2008

Our little Purrrrrincess!

Stella had her picture taken today with her dance class. She will be having her recital on Saturday, June 28th, so it was picture day in full costume. If you can't tell, she is a Kitty Cat, well Copy Cat to be exact. It was fun getting her ready, a reminder of my former past as a ballerina. Most people probably don't know that I danced for about 7 years, everything from ballet to jazz to tap to hawaiian to clogging. At the time I didn't totally appreciate it, but looking back, I'm glad I did it. I think in a strange way it formed who I am today, someone able to adapt to situations and be who I am in a group be it silly, talented, serious, poised or a hopeless goof. I love her more than I could have ever imagined and to see her doing things I once did yet seeming so different from how I remember myself as a little girl, it's almost cathartic. To me, she was the cutest one there, but I'm sort of partial I guess.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh my heavens, is she ever cute!

CACTUSmango said...

You took dance?! Come on now, show me your moves! :) I did take ballet & tap as little girl and I still remember loving my little pink outfit. Stella is a most stellar cat ballerina, btw!