Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Felt like a real mom.

Today was the first day in quite a while where I actually felt like a mother to my amazing daughter. Most of the time I am obsessed with working, making her behave the way I think she should and keeping her out of trouble. But, today I knew it had to be different. grandma and I took her to a nearby water park called McClumpha Park. It is a park area with the normal playground equipment, but there's also an area that is for children with almost a foam like surface that has large scale equipment that squirts out water everywhere. Well, we took her lastyear and we couldn't get her to play and this year, we couldn't get her to leave. It was a blast, but extremely hot and muggy. Then we went to lunch at Einstein Brothers and came home and she swam in her little pool. She kept saying to the both of us that she had a fun day. When daddy came home we ate dinner and then she went in her pool again, but this time daddy got in the pool too. She loved it, they were splashing and playing for easily over an hour. So good to see them play and laugh together. After the pool, she got a bath, I know, more water, then we took a little walk. The goal was to wear her out so she would sleep really well. I love this kid so much, I can't believe she's 3 already. She keeps telling me that she wants a girl, meaning a sister. She already has an imaginary friend she calls Brother, who happens to be a girl. This morning while we were brushing our teeth, she kept looking around and said Brother is playing ball in the house with her friends. I said who are they and she said brother has 2 brothers. She has informed me that when she gets a girl, brother will disappear. Sometimes she just makes me laugh and scares me just a little.

0 comments: