Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Vicodin Good!

OK, this is sort of fun. Hopefully it is coherent, I just took a vicodin. Today I woke up and I couldn't stand up straight without pain. I didn't think too much of it but as the day wore on, I still couldn't stand up straight. I have never been to a chiropractor but something in me said, you really should go, so after about 7 hours of slumping over I carted myself and Stella to Dr. Jary. Of course my lovely HMO is not accepted, but luckily they only charged me $40 for my x-rays and $10 for my appointment. So, I really expected them to say nothing was wrong, but to my shock, I was informed that I had a pinched nerve in my back. The doctor asked me if I'd been in a traumatic accident and I couldn't recall any, until later when I talked to my dad. I now remember about 8 years ago I was rear ended in Plymouth on Ann Arbor Road in front of the Einstein Bros by a DTE cube van and it pushed me onto the front lawn of EB and my seat broke and I fell backwards. At the time, I was not hurt and nothing happened after that. Well, apparently until today. So, anyway, I need to go to the chiropractor 3 times a week, I can no longer sit on any comfy chairs until I'm healed and I have to put ice on it 3 times a day for 20 minutes and I can't lift anything over 15 pounds. What a pain in the ass. Not that I wish anything on Matt, but damn, can this be it for me for a while. Also, I can't sleep on my stomach anymore, this is my preferred position if you must know. The neat thing though is that tonight about 8pm, the doctor called to make sure I wasn't in too much pain and that I understand what he wanted me to do. That just never happens anymore. I would recommend this guy to anyone. The thing that sucks though is that I'm only 30, I thought this was the time in your life where your supposed to feel your best so that you know what your missing when your in your 50's and dealing with back pain and heart disease and glaucoma just to name a few. I really feel like I'm being jipped or something. So, bout half an hour ago I popped a vicodin and I am feelin good. I think however that my painting expedition that week and a half ago aggrivated it and made it come to life. The doc said that he was surprised that at this stage I wasn't having tingling, numbness and shooting pains in my legs. Scary! Also, this was an interesting tidbit I learned at the doc today. All those nerves in your spine basically tell your body what to do, so if one of those nerves is pinched, then parts like your sexual organs, bladder and what not don't always work properly. Now, the bladder thing made sense, but the sexual organs??? The woman who did my x-ray said that a patient of theirs was having difficulties getting pregnant, they found she had a pinched nerve and once it was corrected, she went on to have 4 children. This was interesting to me as Matt and I have been trying for about the last 8 months with no success and possibly even a miscarriage last September. So, this gave me some hope that there is another baby in our future.

Tonight I watched two movies, Disturbia and Premonition. They were good, I think Distrubia was the better of the two. That's all I've got for now it's time for beddy bye.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Disturbia was better, totally.
Having suffered from back pain, I know how much it sucks. hope he can give you some relief, and if not, more vicodin!

Jenn said...

Ugh - sounds like you are not having much fun over there. Totally impressed with the chiro doc. I may have to see him - am quite sure I have pinched nerve issues as well. Had it with 1st pregnancy and have had problems ever since. A full day of housecleaning, laundry, or yard work has me in terrible pain by the end of the day. I didn't think I'd have to "pace" myself for at least another 40 years! Hope you're feeling better soon.