Thursday, May 8, 2008

Rough Day.

Well, most of yesterday was spent horizontal because I simply felt like garbage. I'm so not used to this, even Matt had to comment that it's been a very long time since he's seen me just sitting around, I'm usually at least at my desk working if nothing else. However, the thought of sitting in front of my computer literally made me feel nauseous. Stella doesn't understand if I need to nap, she thinks it's a punishment for her, really all of yesterday felt like a punishment for me. When I was pregnant with Stella, I was sort of cocky because the worst of my symptoms was heartburn and that only occurred when I had acidic things, so it was easier to avoid those food items, but now, I have no idea exactly how to curb the wave that comes over me yet. I almost didn't get Stella to ballet class and even had to ask her dance teacher to hold class in the room that didn't have the bathroom, just in case I had to run in and puke. She was very understanding, but I quickly had to tell her that we haven't told Stella yet and she understood. We don't want to tell Stella until Friday and then we're gonna go over to my MIL's to tell her Saturday. We were gonna wait to tell her on Sunday for Mothers Day, but if I feel the way I have been, I'm not too keen on going over to her house for an early dinner, if you know what I mean. As it is, my SIL has a weak stomach and all I'd have to say is that most of my day is spent feeling like I'm going to hurl and it would set her off and I would be made to feel guilty. See, this is how it works for me. We don't know how my MIL will receive this information if she will be mad, happy, annoyed or all of the above, it's a toss up. If she feels like our situation is not conducive to bringing more children into the world, then she will let it be known. But, if we waited until all our little ducks were in a row, I believe I would be WAY past proper breeding age and then it would be preposterous for me to even think of having another child. And, not to mention, she had her two kids, LET ME HAVE MINE! Like I said, I don't know how she'll react, but I'm preparing myself for a let down. But, we're happy and that's all that matters, she'll come around eventually.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

don't let her steal your happiness.Everything will work out and you'll be glad to have had a brother or sister for Stella while she was young enough to be close to him/her.
Feel better! I didn't ever get morning sickness so I don't have any good pointers for you.

Jenn said...

Sorry to hear you weren't lucky enough to skip the morning sickness bug again this time around! Small frequent meals seemed to help me. I felt like I was always munching, but having just a little bit of something in my stomach all day long helped even it out. Being either hungry or full made the nausea waaay worse. So I grazed. Crackers were my best friend.

I understand about being hesistant to tell your MIL. I think I would be too. But know this: you and Matt are some of the best parents I know. This baby will be loved, wanted, and adored by you and Matt. You are both very hard working and always put your kids first. THAT'S what matters!

I grew up in a household that struggled financially. Some of our happiest Christmases and vacations were the ones that we were told would be skimpy. It's not about the money. It's about the love and the time we spent together.

xoxo
Jenn