Saturday, March 1, 2008

Todays Cool Finds.

So, today my friend Julie invited me to go to a Craft Show. The first one we went to was at St. Linus in Dearborn Heights and to be pretty honest, it sucked. I would say about half of the booths were not "craft" items, but rather, those home party items like Tastefully Simple, Cookie Lee, Home Interiors crap that if I was a crafter at that show, I'd be pissed. Aren't those people missing the point of a "Craft" show, they should have just called it a Crap Show. So, needless to say, we bought edible goodies there, probably the only good stuff at that show. The next one we went to was at the Lutheran High School in Westland by the mall. That was really good and I even bought a VERY unique bracelet there. Here is a pic of it. I warn you, it's sorta creepy, but I thought it was Oh So Cool! Yes, that is a real dead beetle. This is the exact bug that appears in my bracelet. I just thought it was such a novel idea. I've always wanted that piece of jewelry that everyone is like "Oh my god, where the heck did you get that." Her website is www.natureisbeauty.com and she has really cool stuff and she lives in Ann Arbor, I may be buying more stuff from her, just because it's so different. Maybe as gifts for my peeps, who knows. Also, today we went to Reuse Ann Arbor, SO COOL. I found two old screen doors that are about 1.5' x 5' that I'm going to put up on my wall and mount photos, Stella drawings and bits of ephemera to. I'll be sure to take pics later on tomorrow and post them. I'm really hoping that it comes out uber cool. I LOVE ART! I really like that my husband is so cool about what I like to do too, that definitely helps. He absolutely does not care what I do, as long as I don't touch his basement. I could care less about any room that dips below about 60 degrees in the winter time, you won't catch my anemic ass down there for long periods of time during these cold Michigan days. Well, until I have more randomness to speak of, peace out.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

bugs! ick!
I bet those screen doors rock though!